The “Change Other Position” LimeSurvey Plugin allows you to change the position of the Other free text answer option. It supports List Radio and Multiple Choice question types.
For using this LimeSurvey plugin you first have to create a LimeSurvey question of type List Radio or Multiple Choice. When creating the question you can enable the Other option on the right. Afterwards, enter your answer options/subquestions. Once that was done, you are able to use the new “Change Other Position” display option to define before which option the “other” text field should be displayed.
By default the system automatically adds the free text option to the end of the answer/subquestion list at a LimeSurvey question. This feature now allows changing the position. At the Position “other” before option at the end of the Display section on the right, all previously entered answer options/subquestions of your LimeSurvey question are listed. From that dropdown you can pick the option before which the “other” free text field will be shown.
- Download the plugin as ZIP file (download link is shown after payment) and un-zip all files.
- Copy the “ChangeOtherPosition” folder to the Limesurvey “plugins” directory.
- Activate the plugin at the Limesurvey plugin manager (requires sufficient user rights).
- We also offer a similar plugin which allows using multiple “other” free text fields at LimeSurvey’s Multiple Choice question.
- More similar LimeSurvey plugins are available at the LimeSurvey front-end plugins page.
- All our available plugins are listed at the LimeSurvey Plugins overview page.