Often users want to improve the security of their system. The best method is to restrict access to the Limesurvey admin interface. One approach is to adjust your server settings to limit access to the admin backend. Another one is using our IP Range Login Limesurvey plugin.
This plugins allows to define a certain IP address range. It grants access to your admin interface only to people within a valid IP address. To all other users trying to log in, the plugin will restrict access. This is useful to only allow people from e.g. within the company’s network to log in to Limesurvey.
To make sure that you do not lock yourself out by invalid IP range settings, any Limesurvey Superadmin user is still allowed to log in.
- Download the plugin as ZIP file (download link is shown after payment). Then unzip all files.
- After that, copy the “IPRangeLoginChecker” folder to the Limesurvey “plugins” directory.
- Activate the plugin at the Limesurvey plugin manager (requires sufficient user rights).
- Finally, adjust the IP Range plugin setting.
- To define the IP range details, this Limesurvey plugin uses Classless-Inter-Domain-Routing. Check this link for more details.
- We are also offering a free IP Range Survey Limesurvey plugin. This allows to restrict access to single Limesurvey surveys.
- More Limesurvey plugins are listed at this list of LimeSurvey Plugins.