If you are maintaining several surveys at your Limesurvey system, sending email reminders manually can be quite a pain. Using this Limesurvey cronjob script you can fully automate the process of sending email reminders.
Reminder emails will only be sent to those participants who have already received an invitation email (see this Limesurvey cronjob script to automate sending invitations) and who have not finished the survey yet. We recently turned this tool into a Limesurvey plugin. Now you can also set the maximum number of reminders which should be sent for every single survey. There is also another plugin setting for defining a delay of X hours between any reminders that are sent.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Upload the Reminder folder into the plugins folder of your Limesurvey system.
- Go to the Plugin Manager at Limesurvey and activate the plugin.
- At any survey you can now activate the feature at the survey’s plugin settings.
- Set up the cronjob to automatically call the script every X minutes, hours or days. The script will process all surveys for which the plugin is activated.
Check the README.md file within the downloaded ZIP file for further details.