If you are maintaining several surveys at your Limesurvey system, sending email reminders manually can be quite a pain. Using this Limesurvey cronjob script you can fully automate the process of sending email reminders.
Reminder emails will only be sent to those participants who have already received an invitation email (see this Limesurvey cronjob script to automate sending invitations) and who have not finished the survey yet. We recently turned this tool into a Limesurvey plugin. Now you can also set the maximum number of reminders which should be sent for every single survey. There is also another plugin setting for defining a delay of X hours between any reminders that are sent.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Upload the Reminder folder into the plugins folder of your Limesurvey system
- Go to the Plugin Manager at Limesurvey and activate the survey.
- Adjust the Base URL setting to point to the index.php file of your Limesurvey system
- Set up the cronjob to automatically call the script every X minutes, hours or days. We recommend to call the script each day at 23:59 to be sure that no more tokens will be added that day.
Check the README.md file within the downloaded ZIP file for further details.