When running lots of surveys, terminating and sending email invitations can cause quite some work. To make your life easier, we are offering this Limesurvey cronjob script for sending email invitations. It helps you to fully automate the process of sending survey invitations.
The script will send invitations to all participants with a valid token and email address. You can also set this Limesurvey cronjob script to automatically generate tokens before sending email invitations.
The tool sends invitation emails only for those active surveys the plugin is activated for. Of course, the invitation email is only sent once and only to those participants who have not finished the survey yet. Furthermore, it takes into account the survey’s start date (if set). The “valid from” and “valid until” dates are also checked for every participant.
Using this Limesurvey cronjob script will reduce the risk of your Limesurvey invitation emails being treated as spam. You can not only define how often the script is called. But you can also define how many emails should will be sent at every call by adjusting the batch size setting at survey level.
Installation of the Limesurvey cronjob script for sending email invitations
- Firstly, download the plugin as ZIP file after payment.
- Limesurvey 3.x: Unzip all files. Then copy the “Inviter” folder to the Limesurvey “plugins” directory.
- Limesurvey 5.x: Just upload the ZIP file at the plugin manager to install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin at the Limesurvey plugin manager.
- At any survey you can now activate the feature at the survey’s plugin settings.
- Finally, set up the cronjob to automatically call the script every X minutes, hours or days. The script processes all surveys for which you activated the plugin.
Depending on the way your provider is running cronjobs, try one of these commands:
- php application/commands/console.php plugin –target=Inviter
- php application/commands/console.php plugin index –target=Inviter
- /usr/bin/php application/commands/console.php plugin –target=Inviter
- The cronjob should be executed at least once a day. Cron tab setting for running it every night at 1 am: 0 1 * * *